Shire Experience Days
Spend the day in the beautiful Sussex countryside handling and working our magnificent shire horses.
meet the horses and grooms…
- Meet our horses and grooms
- Short health and safety briefing
- An introduction into showing, and how you would present the shire horse for the show ring.
- Learn to muck out and clean the stables and yard area.
- Hands on experience grooming and plaiting the horses.
- Harness demonstration – learn the different parts of the harness and the correct fitting to the horse.
- Help select the correct harness for long reining.
- Learn how horses are long reigned around obstacles using voice commands.
break for lunch…
- Select and fit the correct harness for the exercise vehicle.
- Learn how to put to, harnessed horse to carriage.
- Enjoy a drive around our beautiful village and countryside,
- Upon return, learn the correct procedure to unhitch the horse and remove harness.
- Brush down horses,
- Prepare stables and evening feeds.
Please note, due to our insurance restrictions the minimum age is 16 years and over. Sensible clothing and footwear i.e. jeans and boots should be worn.
- One or two people per day.
- Available year round
- Day starts at 9 am
- Prices start from £95.00 per person
10% discount on two persons attending
Enjoy a truly unique experience and create some fantastic lasting memories.
For more information or to make a reservation, call Adie or Jane on 01323 847 482.